Re: Workaround for Nik Plugins on PSP6

Postby ronj2 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Works great thank you. Now I would like to know why Corel didn't do this for us? or even google to help sell their product. Really makes me scratch my head to what's going on here. Maybe there are legal / money issues or something. On another forum someone mentioned that Nik sent them a patch to help with an issue with a PS update and now the collection works In PSP. Why can't we all have that patch?
ronj2

operating_system: Vista Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia 1.01
processor: 2.33 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad
ram: 8GB
Video Card: Intel G33 G31 Express Chipset Family
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640G
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP w2338h

Re: Workaround for Nik Plugins on PSP6

Postby bigfatron on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 pm

ronj2 wrote:Works great thank you. Now I would like to know why Corel didn't do this for us? or even google to help sell their product. Really makes me scratch my head to what's going on here. Maybe there are legal / money issues or something. On another forum someone mentioned that Nik sent them a patch to help with an issue with a PS update and now the collection works In PSP. Why can't we all have that patch?

We all can it seems. I upgraded to PSP X6 last night (I was previously on X5 and was hoping they'd run an offer!) and all the Google Nik collection stuff works fine for me in both 32 and 64 bit. The Google Nik stuff auto-updates IIRC so it might've been that which has been patched rather than anything done to PSP X6 (I'm assuming it wasn't something that was fixed in SP1?)

That said, I do have those excellent scripts installed too as having the tweaked image returned as a layer has its uses (Nik stuff just updates the current layer).
bigfatron

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Gigabyte Z87 D3HP
processor: Intel Core i5 4670K
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX680
sound_card: Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell U2412M & Dell 2007FP

Re: Workaround for Nik Plugins on PSP X6

Postby kinito123 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:58 pm

I tried to apply the same logic to create a script for the new Analog Efex Pro, and for Viveza, but I failed.
Looks like those plugins are using a different set of parameters, or I did something wrong with the script.

Could JSJ enlight me about what I did wrong?
kinito123

motherboard: generic
processor: Inel core duo
ram: 4GB
Video Card: Intel 965GM
sound_card: Intel built in
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 512Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Generic

Postby jsj on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi kinito123,

Perhaps those scripts thoesn't accept command line parameters.

You could try calling them from command line (cmd.exe), something like:

C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Analog Efex Pro\Analog Efex Pro.exe "C:\Users\kinito\testimage.jpg"

Where "C:\Users\kinito\testimage.jpg" is the image to use to test if the filter loads it.

If that command line doesn't works then those filters can't be used via scripting.

Anyway, as bigfatron pointed, the new version of Google Nik Efex works flawesly with PSP X6. I uninstalled the old one, installed the new and... voila! All Nik Efex filters working!
jsj

Postby bigfatron on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm

jsj wrote:Anyway, as bigfatron pointed, the new version of Google Nik Efex works flawesly with PSP X6. I uninstalled the old one, installed the new and... voila! All Nik Efex filters working!

Now they seem to have stopped working once more! :oops: I came to use the plugins today and am getting access violations. It seems the filters auto-updated again on the 20th and this has screwed compatibility again for pretty much the entire suite (Sharpener Pro seems OK but the Efex ones are goosed).
bigfatron

motherboard: Gigabyte Z87 D3HP
processor: Intel Core i5 4670K
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX680
sound_card: Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell U2412M & Dell 2007FP

Postby jsj on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:08 pm

bigfatron wrote:
jsj wrote:Anyway, as bigfatron pointed, the new version of Google Nik Efex works flawesly with PSP X6. I uninstalled the old one, installed the new and... voila! All Nik Efex filters working!

Now they seem to have stopped working once more! :oops: I came to use the plugins today and am getting access violations. It seems the filters auto-updated again on the 20th and this has screwed compatibility again for pretty much the entire suite (Sharpener Pro seems OK but the Efex ones are goosed).

Damn!!!

You are right!... Nik Collection updates automatically in background without notification! What a nonsense!

The last version that works flawlessly with Corel Paint Shop Pro is 1.1.0.7 and upgrading to the latest 1.1.0.9 stops working again.

I have the oldest version so I',m going to uninstall the newest and install the oldest that is working.

And by the way disable the Google Updater:

Start -> Control Panel -> System and security -> Task scheduller

And disable:

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore
GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA

Hope this stops Google from autoupdating Nik Collection again... also Chrome and other Google software but that is a minor anoyance...
jsj

Postby darkangel1968 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:34 am

I've just installed PSPX6 ultimate and I must say I'm stressed and disappointing that now my Nik Software isn't working and I'm unable to make a path to it, like Ive done in the past with other plugins.
I've read and downloaded the script everyone is talking about from this thread but I have no idea what to do with it or where to put it.
Can someone please help me.

If I would have none this I probably would have waited till that bug was fixed before buying this one.

Thanks
darkangel1968

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional

Postby pdxrjt on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for posting the info on disabling auto updates.
pdxrjt

processor: 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
ram: 8174.4 MB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
sound_card: none installed
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1780.36 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung (2)

Postby pdxrjt on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Well, I went in this morning to disable google updates. I am running Win 7. In Control Panel, I have a System icon, but no System and Security icon. I did a search and found Task Scheduler, which I opened. There were 4 things listed: Apple, Microsoft, Microsoft Office and WPD. None of them appeared to have Google listed underneath the individual folder. So, I do have the older version of the NIK software (and it is the last version I have) which tells me this did update automatically. So how can I turn this off in Win 7? TIA
pdxrjt

Postby pdxrjt on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I think I figured out how to disable Google auto update..... it is an Add on in Firefox and I disabled it there. If there is a different/more complete way, please let me know. However, after uninstalling and then reinstalling version 1.007 22671 they apparently have stopped working in PSP. If someone has an idea how to get them working again, please let us know. For now I'll go back to the scripts. My version now open, but after you hit apply, the plug in closes and a spinning circle appears in PSP.
pdxrjt

Postby dgiancasp on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I am not sure how to write script and I am needing to do that for the other NIK plugins that aren't working. Can someone tell me how to edit the silver efex or the color efex scripts to get the analog efex pro and hdr efex pro 2 to work. Those both worked for me perfectly, but now to make all the plugins work I want to try this on those remaining plugins.

Thanx for your help.

I also disabled the auto update, thanx for that as well.
dgiancasp

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 18A4 73.41
processor: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3210M
ram: 6GB
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel Display A
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC 087B1100223

Postby pdxrjt on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Not sure about Analog EFX Pro, but I didn't think HDR EFX Pro worked in PSP. It doesn't work in PE (does not show up in FX Meny) only PS.... except for the plug in which works in a strange way in LR (does not show up in "Edit In" menu like other plug ins.)
pdxrjt

Postby dgiancasp on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:06 am

Update! I was able to modify the scripts for the rest of the NIK programs and all of them WORK! I couldn't be happier! PHEW! All I did was change where is said Color Efex Pro 4 to Analog Efex Pro, so on and so forth for the rest of the programs. Even the HDR one works. I had the issue where viveza 2 worked, but the colors would show up desaturated, but with the script it works just fine. I want to say a HUGE thanx to jsj for the initial scripts!

Deanna
dgiancasp

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 18A4 73.41
processor: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3210M
ram: 6GB
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel Display A
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC 087B1100223

Postby pdxrjt on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Good feedback. I just tried it with Analog Efex Pro and that worked....will try the others later. Thanks

Got all of them to work with the exception of Viveza 2. It seems to work fine, but it saves with only the right 1/4 of the pic affected by the plug in. I tried the "straight" plug in with 2 other programs and it is fine, but it doesn't seem to work with the PSP Script. Anyone have any thoughts? TIA

Nevermind. Not sure what happened. But after trying the two other programs and posting here, I tried it again in PSP and it works now. Wow, terrific!!
pdxrjt

Postby jsj on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 am

Nice work @dgiancasp!

Sorry but I've been on hollydays for Christmass and haven't had time to check this forum. As you have seen the modification is easy: just change the filename of the EXE and point it to the appropiate filter.
jsj

PreviousNext

Return to Paint Shop Pro