win crashes vstudio/herdocdll.dll

Postby brucefl on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:58 pm

hi,

This happens it seems quite often. I will save the project, then when it closes out I MS crashes and wants to send a report of vstudio.exe , herdocdll.dll in module 1.0.0.1 offset 0062cc8,
any suggestions or anyone else run across this? Any fixes?
thanks
Bruce
brucefl

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: I7-3770
processor: 3.4 Gig
ram: 12gb
Video Card: NT Geoforce 640
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 much

Faulting Module herdocdll.dll

Postby BGar170 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 am

Same here.
I close Video Studio and a minute or two later I get this error message.
Faulting application vstudio.exe, version 10.0.0.0, faulting module herdocdll.dll, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00062cc8.
BGar170

drivers

Postby brucefl on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:53 am

I was trying to think whether I have seen it recently. I will have to play around. I updated my video drivers, and have had far less problems.
Bruce
brucefl

Video Studio locks up

Postby BGar170 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm running the latest Catalyst drivers and Realtek audio drivers.
I did a complete uninstall including manually removing leftover files, directories and registry entries. Then re-installed. Am still having problems with this aspect and a few others.

It's a great product in what it allows you to do, but a bit buggy on the production end of things. That can be a bit exaspirating.
BGar170

updates

Postby brucefl on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 pm

I am assuming you have downloaded uleads updates. I will have to play around with it some more. Yes, this one seems the most quirky from previous versions I have had.
brucefl

Postby BGar170 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:25 pm

You know, since it seems so far that only you and I are having this problem, perhaps the program simply does not like people with the first name "Bruce". :lol:
One thing that I noticed was that when I exit the program, my hard drive light flickers for quite a while and the vstudio.exe process remains running until the drive activity stops. Then, as vstudio is shutting down, I get the application error.
I've been trying various suggestions as well.
The latest thing I have tried is to set the Play back method to "High quality playback" under File\Preferences
I get a message stateing that "high quality playback is disabled with current project settings" when I preview my work, but so far, no more crashes and VS seems to be closing properly.
Admitidly, I have not done much more work in the project since making the setting last night, so will let you know how it goes
BGar170

Return to VideoStudio