Unspecified error (5:0:0)

Postby GrocisCo on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Hello,

I bought VS 11PLUS. I worked a few days about my first project and at the end I tried to burn DVD Video. As only I pressed "BURN" button, the progress window appeared and after a second the Unspecified error (5:0:0) .

The same when I try to prepare iso file.

I am searching the forum since yesterday and now I am completely out of any idea of what to do.

I tried following things:
1. I uninstalled UVS and did the hotfix update.
2. then I installed UVS again and updated it with the Update Pack and the Power Pack
3. I updated the DirectX to the current version
4. I tried to prepare video file first (it worked) and then in new project import it and burn the DVD.

Nothing helped.

Do you have any ideas?!

Please help the beginner to see the show from the DVD player :)

Michael

The problem
GrocisCo

Postby DVDDoug on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Were going to need some more information. The Read This First.. post tells you what we generally need to know.

Since you were unable to make an ISO file, we know your problem isn't related to the acutal burning process... Apparenty Video Studio is unable to convert your file to a DVD-compatible format...

What format are your audio/video files, and where did they come from?

The more compressed formats (WMV, MOV, DivX, MPEG-4, etc.) tend to cause the most trouble. AVI/DV (13GB per hour from a MiniDV camera) is the most trouble-free format. The same is true with audio. If you are using MP3s (or other compressed audio files), try converting the audio to uncompressed WAV.

If you are using a "difficult" format, you can try using a 3rd-party program such as SUPER (FREE!!!) to convert your files to DVD compatible MPEG-2. You can look at one of the Video Studio Project-Templates to find the settings (resolution, framerate, bitrate, etc) for a DVD-compatible MPEG-2 file.
Head over heels,
No time to think.
It's like the whole world's
Out of... sync.

- Head Over Heels, The Go-Gos.
DVDDoug

Postby tt2ride on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:45 am

I have seen this problem too. Everytime, it would stop at the same frame/file (observed from the preview screen). I know that particular clip/file is OK from my Sony Camcorder Browser software. After I removed the "bad" file, rendering was able to proceed. Good luck.
tt2ride

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte
processor: Intel QuadCore Q9300
ram: 4GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTS 450
sound_card: Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NEC

Postby GrocisCo on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks for your advices! I am going for my holiday so I will let you know about the results in about two weeks time.
GrocisCo

Postby GrocisCo on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 pm

According to your advice I prepared a new project with only one AVI/MiniDv video.

And the problem still exist. The software during DVD or ISO image preparation works in the same way.

Do you have any other idea what I could try?

I hope there is a solution.

Thanks
Michael
GrocisCo

Postby Black Lab on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Have you ever been able to burn a disc from VS?
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8

Postby GrocisCo on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:50 pm

No.

A few minutes ago I tried to burn VCD from the project with one avi clip.
The same result.

???

Thanks for the reply.

Michael
GrocisCo

I have the same problem....

Postby dvandyke on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 pm

It wasn't until I installed VideoStudio on my wife's laptop that the unspecified error went away.

I think it has something to do with the encoding of the files but I'm not sure. I read the forums thinking it was a corrupt file....not a chance I went removing the AVI's one by one and it still didn't burn the ISO image. And I know they are not all corrupt cause it works on the once computer that doesn't have a dvd burner (great!).

VideoStudio 11.5 crashes any time I want to create a DVD.
I have updated my DriectX, at first I couldn't use the jogbar, updated my Intel Indeo driver, and I have even installed FFDSHOW and wen tthrough the config tutorial on afterdark.com, still nothing.

I don't want to go back to Premier cause it's a memory hog and unstable in it's own ways but this is just frustrating me.

Has anybody experienced the 5.0.0 error for all their DVD burns and resolved it???

thanks for your help
-d-
dvandyke

Postby Black Lab on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:38 pm

From the Ulead Knowledge Base:

Error 5.0.0 appears while burning a DVD

Details
When you try to burn a DVD, the error ¡§unspecified error 5.0.0¡¨ appears.

Answer: If Error 5.0.0 appears, it means that one or more of the files in the project is damaged. This could be a video, music or overlay file.

Try saving the project as an MPEG file. If the same error message appears when you save the project, close the program and create a copy of your project file.

Remove files from the project and try re-saving until you have identified the damaged file. Open the original project file and delete the damaged file.
Black Lab

Re: I have the same problem....

Postby dvandyke on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:32 pm

thanks for the tip but I already read that article and tried removing the AVI's file one by one. It thinks they are all corrupt. It thinks all AVI;s are corrupt. But I can render the image on the laptop which means it's not the files, I have even tried re-copying from the same original source after I got the iso image to write on the laptop. Still no luck.

I can proceed using VS11 on the laptop and install a DVD burner but it doesn't have the greatest specs, where I have this awesome & powerful desktop ready but it can't burn a single DVD from these AVIfiles.
dvandyke

Postby Black Lab on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:50 pm

but it can't burn a single DVD from these AVIfiles.

I take it from that line that you are going straight from your project in the timeline to Share > Create Disc?

It's problems like these that the Suggested Workflow was designed. In short, it is recommended that after editing you go to Share > Create Video File and created a DVD-compliant MPEG-2 file (use a DVD template).

After that is done clear the timeline by choosing New Project. Now go to Share > Create Disc and use Insert Media to insert your new MPEG-2 file into the burning timeline.
Black Lab

...hmmm interesting....

Postby dvandyke on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:27 pm

....Suggested Workflow you say.... (as I check help files to see what that is)

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a shot!!!
dvandyke

Re: ...hmmm interesting....

Postby Black Lab on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:53 pm

dvandyke wrote:....Suggested Workflow you say.... (as I check help files to see what that is)

http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=20224
Black Lab

Suggested Workflow cont...

Postby dvandyke on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Okay, I read the great thread by ssj and others. While in this particular project I have 15 AVI files the total length of the file is 18 minutes and VS is handling the resources like a champ! ~200MB in RAM where Adobe Premier would gobble ~1500MB of RAM.

I Exported my file to a NTSC DVD 4:3 (Create Video File -> DVD ->...) and it worked! I opened up a new project and imported my newly created video file of 800MB. Went to Share -> Create Disc and just accepted the default menu and immediately tried to burn an iso image and it failed with the same specified error. :(

Am I going about this all wrong thinking the codecs are at fault? Especially now that it was rendering an mgp file.

any ideas?
dvandyke

Postby Black Lab on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 am

I know this is just grasping at straws, but try burning without using a menu.
Black Lab

Next

Return to VideoStudio